Are there any other fees?
In addition to the registration expense please be aware that additional expenses that come up during the season include but are not limited to: Shoes, Cleats, additional optional protective equipment, travel related expenses, team fundraising, etc.
Are there tryouts for cheer or football?
There are not tryouts to participate in Football or Cheer, however team placement is based on a number of factors including a football combine for Football players in Junior Pee Wee and higher and a priority number that every registrant is assigned based on when they register for VPW; which is used in the event that a team or division has reached its maximum capacity as individuals above this maximum number will not be placed on a team regardless of past play or athletic ability.
Can I get a tax donation receipt for my donation?
Yes, your tax donations are deductible and donation receipts are available upon request.
Can I request a specific team or coach?
No. Such requests will not be honored as this defeats the purpose of the priority numbers, combine, and draft. The more exceptions to the rules that are allowed, the less likely we will be able to create balanced teams. A draft achieves three goals:
- It creates a safer environment for players.
- It gives players a chance to compete for starting positions and playing time on teams against players with similar skills regardless of team division level.
- It means VPW teams can better compete against teams from other associations that create their teams using a draft.
- Due to the size of teams and squads there will be a number of opportunities to create and form carpools regardless of team or squad placement.
Can I use the physical my child got in December?
No, all physicals must have been conducted in 2015 and the official 2015 STANDARD PHYSICAL FORM PWLS needs to be signed by a physician and turned in to VPW.
Home Games and practices are played at Vista Magnet Middle School 151 Civic Center Drive, Vista, CA 92084
How can I help/Volunteer
Vista Pop Warner is 100% volunteer driven so there are a number of opportunities to volunteer with Vista Pop Warner and you do not need to have sport specific knowledge to be a volunteer. These opportunities include but are not limited to: Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Business Manager, Team Parent, Trainer, Team Photographer, or Board Member. 2015 Volunteer Application PWLS INC
Is registration a Tax write-off?
Please consult your tax professional.
North County Speed Camp questions?
The NCSC is open to Pop Warner & High School aged boys and girls regardless of sport affiliation. The camp takes place in June & July meeting three times a week in 90 minutes sessions. All participants will participate in multiple station disciplines including speed mechanics, agility, ply metrics, and conditioning. Cost is $100 for the entire session (Closed July 4th). For more information Contact Dave McClintic @ email@example.com
Practices and home games are played at Vista Magnet Middle School 151 Civic Center Drive, Vista, CA 92084 (Map) Practice days and time vary by rule limits for the specific age group. The field is open from 5PM-8PM for Vista Pop Warner Football and Cheer use. Practice schedules will be available at the “Meet the Coaches” day.
What forms of Payment does VPW accept?
Credit/Debit Cards and Cash are the only forms of payment accepted by VPW.
What if I need to carpool?
Due to the size of teams and squads there will be a number of opportunities to create and form carpools regardless of team or squad placement.
What is the refund policy for Cheer?
The Vista Pop Warner refund Policy for Cheer is as follows:
- There is a $20 non refundable processing fee.
- A cheer participant has until the cheer uniform fittings, which is the date when Cheer uniforms and camp gear are ordered, to drop from the VPW cheer program to request a full refund, minus the $20 listed above.
- After uniforms are ordered any drops from VPW will result in no refund.
What is the refund policy for Football?
The Vista Pop Warner refund Policy for Football is as follows:
- There is a $20 non refundable processing fee.
- There are no full refunds, minus the $20 above, after June 30th.
- A football participant has until the first Friday of practice in August to drop from VPW and receive a refund of half the registration fees.
- A request in writing to drop from the program must be submitted by this deadline and all equipment returned.
- There will be no refunds after the first week of practice.
What is the VPW General Fund?
The VPW general fund is a money that is not earmarked for a specific purpose and will be used at the discretion of the VPW Board to cover any of a variety of costs that are associated with running VPW each year.
What is the VPW Scholarship Program?
This program is an opportunity for VPW to provide partial scholarships to participants who have a financial need. Since these scholarships do not cover 100% of the cost to participate in VPW, parents should be prepared to cover the balance. Applications are available during in person registrations.
When will I know what team my child is on?
Head Coaches will contact you once the teams have been finalized and then you will have a chance to meet them at the VPW Pre-Season Tailgate, a.k.a. meet the coaches day.